Update: There is a small regression in mod_magnet, see #1307

We finally added TLS SNI, and many other small improvements. We also fixed pipelining (that should fix problem with lighty as debian mirror) and some mod_fastcgi bugs – this should result in improved handling of overloaded and crashed backends (you know which one :D).

Important changes

  • Connection state handling (pipelining should work now)
  • FastCGI fixes: improved disabled-time handling, fixed bug in active-backends counter.
  • TLS SNI support

Downloads

Changes from 1.4.23

  • Add T_CONFIG_INT for bigger integers from the config (needed for #1966)
  • Use unsigned int (and T_CONFIG_INT) for max_request_size
  • Use unsigned int for secdownload.timeout (fixes #1966)
  • Keep url/host values from connection to display information while keep-alive in mod_status (fixes #1202)
  • Add server.breakagelog, a “special” stderr (fixes #1863)
  • Fix config evaluation for debug.log-timeouts option (#1529)
  • Add “cgi.execute-x-only” to mod_cgi, requires +x for cgi scripts (fixes #2013)
  • Fix FD_SETSIZE comparision warnings
  • Add “lua-5.1” to searched pkg-config names for lua
  • Fix unused function webdav_lockdiscovery in mod_webdav
  • cmake: Fix crypt lib check
  • cmake: Add -export-dynamic to link flags, fixes build on FreeBSD
  • Set FD_CLOEXEC for bound sockets before pipe-logger forks (fixes #2026)
  • Reset ignored signals to SIG_DFL before exec() in fastcgi/scgi (fixes #2029)
  • Show “no uri specified → 400” error only when “debug.log-request-header-on-error” is enabled (fixes #2030)
  • Fix hanging connection in mod_scgi (fixes #2024)
  • Allow digits in hostnames in more places (fixes #1148)
  • Use connection_reset instead of handle_request_done for cleanup callbacks
  • Change mod_expire to append Cache-Control instead of overwriting it (fixes #1997)
  • Allow all comparisons for $SERVER[“socket”] – only bind for “==”
  • Remove strptime failed message (fixes #2031)
  • Fix issues found with clang analyzer
  • Try to fix server.tag issue with localized svnversion
  • Fix handling network-write return values (#2024)
  • Use disable-time in fastcgi for all disables after errors, default is 1sec (fixes #2040)
  • Remove adaptive spawning code from fastcgi (was disabled for a long time)
  • Allow mod_mysql_vhost to use stored procedures (fixes #2011, thx Ben Brown)
  • Fix ipv6 in mod_proxy (fixes #2043)
  • Print errors from include_shell to stderr
  • Set tm.tm_isdst = 0 before mktime() (fixes #2047)
  • Use linux-epoll by default if available (fixes #2021, thx Olaf van der Spek)
  • Print an error if you use too many captures in a regex pattern (fixes #2059)
  • Combine Cache-Control header value in mod_expire to existing HTTP header if header already added by other modules (fixes #2068)
  • Remember keep-alive-idle in separate variable (fixes #1988)
  • Fix header inclusion order, always include “config.h” before any system header
  • mod_webdav: Patch to skip login information for domain part of Destination field (fixes #1793)
  • mod_webdav: Delete old properties before updating new for MOVE (fixes #1317)
  • Read hostname from absolute uris in the request line (fixes #1937)
  • mod_fastcgi: don’t disable backend if disable-time is 0 (fixes #1825)
  • mod_compress: match partial+full content-type (fixes #1552)
  • mod_fastcgi: fix is_local detection, respawn backends if bin-path is set (fixes #897)
  • Fix linger-on-close behaviour to avoid rare failure conditions (was r2636, fixes #657)
  • mod_fastcgi: restart local procs immediately after they terminated, fix local procs handling
  • Fix segfault on invalid config “duplicate else conditions” (fixes #2065)
  • mod_usertrack: Use T_CONFIG_INT for max-age, solves range problem (#1455)
  • mod_accesslog: configurable timestamp logging (fixes #1479)
  • always define _GNU_SOURCE
  • Add some iterators for mod_magnet (fixes #1307)
  • Fix close_timeout_ts trigger (should finally fix lingering close)
  • mod_rewrite: add url.rewrite-[repeat-]if-not-file to rewrite if file doesn’t exist or is not a regular file (fixes #985, thx lucas aerbeydt)
  • Add TLS servername indication (SNI) support (fixes #386, thx Peter Colberg <peter@colberg.org>)
  • Add SSL Client Certificate verification (#1288)
  • mod_fastcgi: Fix host→active_procs counter, return 503 if connect wasn’t successful after 5 tries (fixes #1825)
  • mod_accesslog: escape special characters (fixes #1551, thx icy)
  • fix mod_webdav crash from #1793 (fixes #2084, thx hiroya)
  • Don’t print ssl error if client didn’t support TLS SNI
  • Fix linger close timeout handling, drop timeout to 5 seconds (fixes #2086)
  • Fix broken return values from int to enum in mod_fastcgi